Thursday, March 12, 2009

My First Ultrasound

I woke up around 8:15 to start drinking my 32oz of water. By 9:30 I could really start feeling the effects lol. Mike came home from work to take me to my ultrasound appointment at like 9:45. We got there at around 9:55, and from drinking all the water I was in so much pain. I couldn't even sit down in the waiting room, I had to stand because when I sat it felt like I was going to pee my pants. It got to the point around 10:05 that I started feeling really nautious, and asked the nurse how much longer we'd have to wait and told her I felt like I was either going to throw up or pee my pants, so she went to see it the ultrasound tec could get me in right then and told me to go to the bathroom and pee for only ten seconds then cut it off lol. As hard as that sounds, it felt so much better just to let a little bit out. When I was done, she said they could take me back right then, so I went in and layed down and the ultrasound tec (UT) Started the external ultrasound, and then said my bladder was really full and that I might have to let more out, but she continued and said it might be okay. It was a little uncomfortable since my bladder was still really full and she was pushing right down on it. So she finished up and told me to go to the bathroom and empty my bladder completely (phew!)

So I came back and she had us hang out for about 5 minutes, then had me go again since my bladder had to be completely empty for the internal ultrasound.

The internal was a little bit more uncomfortable since she had to push the wand kinda hard around my cervix. So she did that for a while and then she said I HAVE FOLLIES!! Woo-hoo! I was sure I didn't have any. She said I don't have alot but there are a few there. She also said I have a large cyst in my right ovary and 2 in my left ovary. She also said that It kinda looked like I might be about to "O" which is wierd because I'm on the Provera. (which by the way AF hasn't come yet.)

So it kinda sucks about the 3 cysts I have but I am happy that even though I don't have many, I do have a few follies in there!

A

No comments: