Monday, March 30, 2009

For Kaitlin & Claire

I was at lunch today with my sister and cousin, and they said I needed to do a post about all of the TTC abbreviations that I use (oops) lol. So girls, this is for you...

TTC - trying to conceive
DH - dear husband
AF-Aunt Flo
FRER-First response early response
O-ovulate
HPT-home pregnancy test
OPK-ovulation predictor kit
CD-cycle day
PCOS-polycystic ovarian syndrome
BD-baby dance lol
IUI-intra-uterine insemination
IVF-in vitro fertilization
POAS-pee on a stick (to take an HPT or OPK)
FF-fertility friend
BFP-big fat positive (HPT test result) (the ‘f’ is translated loosely lol)
BFN-big fat negative
2WW-two week wait, the time between ovulation ‘o’ and AF
RE-Reproductive Endocrinologist
DPO-days past ovulation
US-ultrasound
SA-sperm analysis

That's not the complete 'full' list I'm sure, but I think those are pretty much the ones I use, or might use.

Anyways, thursday I go back to my OBGYN to find out the results for all of the PCOS testing we had done. I'm like 99% sure I have it since all the symptoms for PCOS I have. I think our next step would probably be to be put on Clomid or something like that, so that's pretty exciting. I'll update on thursday and let everyone know how my appointment went!

1 comment: