Monday, August 23, 2010

Woah, there's a little person in there! (NT scan)

warning this will be a long sappy post

I just got back from my NT scan and woah, it was sooo crazy to see ittybitty looking like a real baby! It's starting to really feel real that there is a baby in there, just seeing him/her moving around so much and everything and looking like a real person...unreal. I know it's crazy to say, but I honestly think I totally fell in love today. Now don't get me wrong, I was in love with this baby before, but I think I had such a guard up since it took us so long with ttc and infertility and all that crap, that I just didn't want to get too attached, but today was different, and I sit here crying because I feel so blessed that this is real, and I am in my 2nd trimester and the baby is wonderful.

We got there and went in for the u/s. Our tec started it and was just showing us baby and how human he/she looked (unreal) and measured the HB which was about 150bpm. She started doing all the measurements but the baby wouldn't cooperate for us, everytime she went to measure something, he/she would turn it's back to the wand not letting her (my child is already stubborn). So after trying for about 10 minutes and shaking my belly and poking at the baby, she made DH and I go downstairs, have a cup of coffee and come back 20 minutes later, and WOAH! That coffee was the first cup of caffeine I have had in about 3 months, I feel like I could run a marathon now lol. So we go back and she was able to get all the measurements since the baby was bouncing around in there, but because he/she was bouncing so much, the pics we got were kinda blurry lol oh well.

I'm measuring somewhere around 13w4,5,6d again since this child already likes to drive us crazy we can't be sure because every measurement was totally different since he/she was sooo wiggly! I'm just going to stick with the original 13w3d as of right now. I know it will change all over again.

So I'd like to introduce our little 13week miracle...

Photobucket

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaawww. How blurrily cute :-)

nic.cox said...

I love you baby! Keep growing strong! I can't wait to start making you things!

C said...

<3 SO incredibly happy for you. I can't wait to see you holding your precious little one. Now you have me all blubbery :)

Nick and Kristi said...

So SWEET:)))))) They grow so much at this stage and look so different...Im with you on becoming attached and things becoming more real:))

Greeny said...

OMG!!! I totally missed this cause the belly pics came up as the last post while I was blog playing! Just jumped onto reader and glad I did!!

Your little one is so unbelievably gorgeous!! You can see they really do look like a little person now!! Totally enjoy this feeling. You deserve every last bit!! That first trimester is a scary one but you are in the safety zone now. You is preggy mummy!! :-D